Monday, December 5, 2011

Rule # 1 of being an orphan: Never give up!

Rule # 1 of being an orphan: Never give up!

Years ago I tried to find out where my mom's ashes were sprinkled. . I celled the funeral home. They said it was by this lake which didn't make sense since it was in the middle of a golf course. I called a few times to confirm this. I even got a faxed copy. A few years later I had my boyfriend drive up there on Mother's Day to visit the spot...and there was construction. Bulldozers, etc. It just didn't seem right. So I finally emailed them. I could direct my email to the cremation dept. A week past and no reply. Every time I got upset about a difficulty in life I would wish I could talk to my mom. I would wish I could visit her resting place. Then about two weeks later I got a reply to my email. It said that she wasn't north of the lake. She was in the north part of the cemetery by the lake. I was so happy. That made sense. The email even included details that confirmed that they actually knew what they were talking about this time.

As an orphan I think it is really important to fight for what means the most to you. A lot may not understand or even care. But just do it and never give up. This will help you in your difficult life.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I wish I knew where my dad was buried... It hurts so much.