I will evetually post on dating tips for orphaned men. But I think orphan women really need help in this area. Having a man in a womans life can make things SO much easier. So I wanted to give a few tips for orphans and dating etc.
1. No Drama. Men hate drama. I used to think it was okay to tell a guy all about my dead mom and how I am an orphan etc. No. Men don't like akward uncomfortable situtations like that. So no drama. No bitching. No being negative. No complaining that he isn't spending time with you. Sometimes men actually are busy. Don't harrass him. Don't text him all the time. Sometimes stop texting or calling him and wait til he calls you. This way you know he is thinking about you and it helps him think you are drama-free. Its also playing hard-to-get. These things will be very important if he breaks up with you. I will post on break up tips later. You won't want to miss it!
2. Be positive. Men like girls who are happy and fun. Always have something positive to say. It you text him. Say something positive and not negative. Don't say "oh I hate my job" but instead say "I can't wait til lunch". If you have a Twitter, Myspace or facebook make sure to have your status and tweets be fun and happy things. "I went shopping today" or "I love my kitty". Get the idea. Being fun can make a guy want to be with you. Men like girls who smile and laugh and are fun. I know it sounds cheesy but its true. Make sure to smile in your photos on your facebook etc. Even if you want a sexy photo..make sure you have a slight smile on your face. No sad stuff. This also goes along with being confident.
3. Don't tell him about your orphan hood. Atleast not until you really have to. I always wondered what would happen if I didn't tell a guy the truth about my dead mom etc. And guess what...he stuck around. Most guys run from drama and sad stuff. They don't know how to handle it. I recently met up with a guy at the mall. And I mentioned to him that my mom has passed away. I mention it twice and both times he changed the subject right away. He may be afraid I might cry or that he might cry. It was kinda a bad move on my part. I'll keep you posted on this subject. But until then my advice is don't tell him any of the personal orphan stuff. By not telling him about it...he can make up stuff in his mind that you are perfect. And by the time you do have to tell him...hopefully he won't care.
4. Don't be too easy. Be confident and show restraint. Don't call all the time. Wait and see if he calls you sometimes. Spend time apart. Make him think you have a life. And make him want to be a part of it. Not being easy also goes along with not being too clingy.
5. If he breaks up with you don't freak out. Refer to tip #1. Again I will post more on this later.
6. Be confident. Even if you don't feel like it. Do it! Stand up straight, smile, and be happy. I'm still working on this.
7. Don't be clingy. Orphan females tend to be very clingy. If a guy breaks up with her or doesn't spend enough time with her...she freaks out. We panic and feel alone and not in control. You need to calm down and don't be clingy. Or you will lose him. Give him some space and show him that you can be independant even if you feel like you want to call him like crazy.
8. If you are going to meet him in person for the first time, dress really nice. Don't think that he will accept you for who you are and wear whatever. If you don't give a good first impression then there will be no second chance. I have had this happen a lot. But I am learning. Dress cute, make sure you don't wear anything that makes you look fat. Like when I met this guy at the mall. I wore a hoodie over a cute tight shirt...well that hoodie made me look fat. I should have wore a cute tank top.
9. Never talk about ex-boyfriends. Even if you are making a point. Don't do it. Just don't. You don't want to hear about his ex-girlfriends, do you? NOPE! So don't talk about your ex-boyfriends.
10. Don't let him know that you don't have a dad. He will treat you like crap. He will break up with you in the worst way cus he knows your dad isn't gonna protect you. He will take what he wants from you and then leave you. Just say you dad travels a lot or something. Or talk about your bog brother and how he looks out for you. This is a tricky one but very important.
I hope some of this helps I will post more on it soon. I am just learning things myself too.