Orphans at any age need to have an heir or heiress mentality. Not just a survival mentality. We used to visit this website thinking we don't have anything in this world and that we are all alone. We need to focus on the good and realize that we are smarter and more hard working that those who have parents.
Just show you know what an heir is:
1. A person who inherits or is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
2. A person who succeeds or is in line to succeed to a hereditary rank, title, or office.
3. One who receives or is expected to receive a heritage, as of ideas, from a predecessor.
Having an heir mentality can also help the grieving process. Its focusing on the good. I also think it would make my mom proud.
Try focusing on the benfits of being an orphan and it makes you feel more like an heir.
1. We can save money since we don't have to buy Mother's or Father's Day cards.
2. We don't have to visit or deal with relatives on holidays. We can just stay at home and relax.
3. If we have a money problem we have brains and do something about it. We don't ask our parents for help like little spoiled brats.
4. Most people freak out over the dumbest littlest things. We don't freak out about much. Not anymore.
5. If orphaned by the age of 18 you could qualify for a full ride scholarship. That means you get to go to college for free. No student loans to pay off.
The list goes on. I just need to think of more.
Look at Pippi Longstockings for example. She isn't real exactly but I'm almost like her. An orphan but also an heiress. She had all those gold coins, a dead mom, a sailor dad who is never around and she lived in a big house. They totally glorified the orphan life. We need to focus on that.
Yes there are some things we were never taught...but this blog should cover most of it.
So instead of waking up every morning wondering "Why me? Why must I be an orphan" try thinking like an heir. Life is more simple since we are orphans. We are smarter and more harder working. Life should be easier for us. Lets make it that way.