There are so many problems that come with being and orphan. Everyday we are surrounded by people that we cannot relate to and cannot relate to us.
Some things that made being an orphan overall easier:
1. Friends. You need friends. Make friends as soon as you can. And stay in touch. Make sure they are good friends that care about you and can be trusted. You will need friends to hang out with on holidays and to help you move etc. Friends are your lifeline.
2. Save money. Save money at all costs. You don't have an family to throw money at you. You must earn it and save it. Anything can happen. You never know when you will need some extra money to survive. Money will help you stay stable and in control. It will help feed you, clothe you and help you if you need to move etc.
3. Be minimal. I have found that living a minimalist lifestyle will help reduce stress and save money and it will also be easier if you need to move. Don't own anything you can't carry yourself. Don't own too many clothes. Own just the basics and a few treats to keep you happy.
4. Stay motivated. Keep going in life. Have goals you want to achieve. Never give up. Do things in your life. Travel, work, learn things. Be free! When you get bored with your life then you become sad and things become dangerous. Accomplish things in your life and make your parents proud.
5. Look out for yourself. Use your brain. Don't trust just anyone. Plan ahead in life. Make wise decisions. Don't depend completely on other people. They will take advantage of you. You can't control people but you can control yourself and your decisions. If you don't like the way things are..do something. Nothing is holding you back. Travel, get a new job if you have money saved up. Change your world before you change the world.
This has been a kinda lonely weekend for me. Wishing I had friends to hang out with. Been here since mom died. My guardian never allowed to have friends when I was a teen. I got rid of my radio and my tv this weekend. Just got my laptop. Nice and simple and free. Feels like college. I also got a $18 electricity bill because I unplug everything when I don't use it.
Stay strong and never give up!