Don't own anything you can't carry yourself.
1. Don't own a large TV. Get a small tv.
2. Microwaves can be heavy. Take it to a recycling center and just use the stove.
3. Use a laptop instead of a big computer. You can also watch movies and video clips on your laptop. So the laptop doubles as a TV.
4. Matresses can be heavy. Once I get to NYC I will only use a futon matress. No more big matress to deal with. Plus they are hard to get rid of.
5. By owning things that you CAN carry, moving will be easier since you can carry everything and aren't dependant on others for help.
Minimalism really makes an orphans life easier. Especially if you are on your own.