How do you get back on your feet when you are an adult orphan that may be having money problems and you have no one to help you. i want to give my advice of how you can get your life in order.
1. Learn from your mistakes. Don't trust everyone. Be very selective. Lookout for yourself. You don't have a family to back you up. Realize where things went wrong. If you could go back what would you have done differently? Now don't ever make that mistake again.
2. Be independent. I know as orphans we want a family. We want to be taken care of. But in this world we really have to be adults. We need to be able to always have a back up plan. Have money saved up in case something happens. Don't have everything in your life be dependent on someone else. Don't have all your hopes be dependent on someone else. Don't fall apart just because someone doesn't want to be with you anymore. Have all your hopes be dependent on yourself and what you are going to accomplish in life. Also don't let someone be dependent on you. Don't drive them to work or give them money. Make them get a job and get their own car. They are the ones with parents, make them grow up. Why should they have it easy? I have a 40 year old cousin who still lives with his mom. What a dork. Grow up! If you are dependent on someone else for help then they can take advantage of you and control you. You are at their mercy. You don't want that. You want to be in control. If someone is dependent on you, they are still taking advantage of you and stealing from you. They are using you. Don't let them.
2. Set goals in life. This will help you move forward and help you organize your life. You may need to get out of debt. You may want to get a good job. Get a new car, a better house, start a family etc. Write these goals down and plan on how you are going to accomplish them.
3. Get out of Debt. Get a job and start making payments on your debt. Pay off that credit card and never use it again. Pay off a little bit of your debt each month. If you aren't making enough money to do that try getting some extra work on the side. If you are a graphic artist try doing some freelance work to make some extra money. If you are photogenic try some modeling. Some one may need an article written, or someone may need some snow shoveled. I have even seen a help wanted ad that said "Get paid to wave". Anyone could do that. You can do these odd jobs on your days off or after your usual job. Always check Craigslist.com and look for some extra work for make you some extra money. Look under the "Gigs" listing. You may even come across a job offer thats even better than what you have now.
4. Get a family. I think perhaps the easiest way for finding a family or at least a place where it is like a family is a church. Not all churches are the same. Some are really messed up. I don't have anything to do with the church because I know there is no way they could ever accept me. But for some this may help. Its a good place to meet friends and perhaps a future spouse. If you have no luck with a church try a local group. Like a book club where a small group of people meet each week at the library or a volunteer group that helps the community. I have found this step to be somewhat difficult. But keep looking and researching. Try using your hobbies as help to find groups that have similar interests. If I come up with any more Ideas I will post them I promise.
5. Move on. Don't let the past hold you back. You may think of things of the past every now and then but don't let it get to you. Look a head to the future and plan to make your life better. Remember to not make the same mistakes you made in the past.
I hope these tips have helped. I will be posting some more articles on related topics. Remember most people who have a family never seem to really grow up. They always have someone to help them. They seem to take advantage of others and always need to be baby-ed. But adult orphans have to grow up. We need to be prepared for anything that happens in life.