Monday, December 7, 2009

Surviving the Holidays

The holidays are the hardest time of the year for an orphan. It feels like you don't fit in. You’re reminded of the past.

I hope to add more to this subject soon.

I decided to start this page and type of posts because I messed up this year and am completely unprepared. You would think that after being an orphan for ten years I would know better.

Don't assume it will be easy.
You would think the holidays would be easy for an orphan. Don't have to buy any presents and just sit at home and relax. But no. You get very lonely. I suggest one needs to start getting prepared around Halloween.

Find a friend to hang out with for the holidays.
On Thanksgiving I was lonely and I realized I needed to find a friend to hang out with for Xmas but its too late. Families are busy shopping and there is no where to go to meet people. So I must stay in and resort to making artwork. Its too late to order any movies online. It will take weeks for them to ship because the holidays slow down the mail.

Plan to do something on the holidays.
I still have some movies I stocked up on last year and some books. I can text some friends long distance. And stock up on art supplies for Christmas. One year I dyed all my clothes black in Christmas eve. It didn't work to well.

Recap:
-Find friends BEFORE Thanksgiving
-stock up on movies
-stock up on books
-get some music
-plan to do something to take your mind off things.


I hope this all helps. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my fellow orphans.
I will have more topics in the future.