Thursday, December 17, 2009

Money Memoirs for Adult Orphans

Being a single adult orphan one needs to be very hard working and careful with their money. If anything happens you can't borrow money from parents. There have been times when I worked two jobs and one job wanted me to leave the other. I had to. But then they didn't give me extra hours to make up for it. I had just gotten my first apartment. I ended up living without electricity for half a year. It was either food or electricity. I would sneak into the dormitories to take hot showers. I would eat food that didn't need to be cooked. Mostly fast food. Sometimes food off the floor of the movie theater that I worked at.

How did I pay for college?
I'm not sure. I have a full paid scholarship. My mother signed some papers and I had to prove that I had no father and that she was dead after she died. Yes it was nice having it all paid for but it hurt waking up every morning knowing that I was there because of my dead mother and also knowing that one day I would graduate and she would not be there to see me. Moving in and out of the dorms was hard. Students had there parents help but I had to do it on my own. I remember the last time I moved out of the dorms and into my first apartment. Some dad asked me where my help was and I said "I don't know". I should have said "they are dead you jackass!". In order to get my scholarship I couldn't be adopted.

You gotta look out for yourself.
There have been times when I was about to move into my car. There are people out there who will fire you even if they know you are an orphan even if you work your ass off. There are people out there that won't believe you when your rent is late and you tell them you live alone and are orphaned and will have to pay them next week because a normal person would be able to borrow money from their parents. You gotta save up money incase or instances like this. Especially knowing how the economy is now it can be pretty scary for an orphan.

Mechanics will take advantage of you if you are female. Charging high prices. If I had a male figure by my side they would treat me better. Its a lame world.

No comments: